Friday, July 8, 2011

Fourth Birthday

For her 4th birthday my daughter wanted a jungle themed party...and I had to top what I had done before.  Again, more research and design and I may have bitten off more than I could chew.  I didn't take a lot of pictures of this cake because I was a little disappointed.  I'm a stickler for craftsmanship and details.  Three palm trees became one after two of them broke an hour before the party.  In the end it was a pretty cool cake, but a massive stress.  I learned from mistakes on this cake...and really, it's not that bad.  The animals on top are candles, but the rest is edible.  A pretzel rod and fondant make the palm tree, and that's a giant fondant elephant...well, he's full of tin foil. 


I also made jungle cupcakes...animals (pictures on toothpicks) hiding in the jungle grass. 

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I was about 6 months pregnant when I did this cake, which may have contributed to my stress level.  : )



No comments:

Post a Comment