Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Second Birthday - Second Time

My sweet son was very into Yo Gabba Gabba and Blue's Clues around his 2nd birthday.  Every day he changed his mind on what kind of party he wanted.  In the end we decided on Blue's Clues... a virtual impossibility to find party supplies years and years after the show was canceled (thankfully you can buy anything on eBay), but great for cake decorating. 

For his cake I decided on the opening scene where they zoom in on Blue's House on top of the hill with all the characters around.  This was a very time consuming and difficult cake because of all the details and colors, but in the end I think well worth the effort.  Everything on this cake is edible except Blue.  The house is made from cake with a graham cracker roof...and big thanks go to my carpenter husband for building the structure.  I sculpted the characters with fondant and attached them to the side.  And of course the cake needed Blue's signature paw print clue.  Most of the time I don't include my kid's names on their cakes, but it was pretty clear this cake needed something else so I added his name.  He was so excited when it was done and I think a little sad when we cut it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment