Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes for Birthday 49B

Yesterday, at 4:45pm my husband called on his way home from work.  The conversation went something like this...

Him:  "Tomorrow is Billy's 50th birthday.  He calls it birthday 49B.  Think you can make him a cake, no wait, cupcakes?"
Me:  "Are you serious?  By tomorrow?  I have plans tonight."
Him:  "Yes, tomorrow morning before I leave for work." 
Me:  "If you pick up Chinese food, I'll make cupcakes.  Red Velvet.  I have to go preheat the oven.  Goodbye."

Into the kitchen I went, tore apart the pantry and a couple hours later I had 24 beautiful Red Velvet cupcakes with vanilla frosting, red sugar sprinkles and black icing drizzle.  Again, I took over 100 photos and realized I love photographing my cakes and cupcakes as much and I like creating them...which isn't odd since I'm a photographer and photography teacher.





No comments:

Post a Comment