Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Seventh Birthday

After six years of cakes, I've gotten my daughter pretty excited about helping plan her cakes and parties.  She had been reading some chapter books about mermaids so we thought that could be a crazy creative idea that we could do something really challenging with.  Together we researched some ideas and came up with a plan she liked. 

For this cake, I put two mermaids on a beach with waves and water beneath them.  I found chocolate candies that looked like rocks and shells and my local grocery store, and the beach is crushed up graham crackers.  This fish and coral are flavored tootsie rolls.




 


My daughter had a 2nd party for her friends from school.  For them I made these simple cupcakes with wave like frosting and cup covers and paper mermaids on sticks.  I can't take the credit for the design of the mermaids or cupcake holders...the internet is full of wonderful ideas if you have the motivation and energy to tackle them. 



2 comments:

  1. Wow! These are absolutely adorable, great job. I just love the mermaids!

    ReplyDelete